The pineapple, lemongrass, seafood and coconut flavours in this dish go beautifully together. This is very easy and quick to make. Serve with plain rice or with our jewelled rice.
Makes enough for 4 people.
50g Tropical Wholefoods Sun Dried Pineapple
2 stems of chopped lemon grass
2 tbsp vegetable oil
1 small onion finely chopped
2 bay leaves
tsp crushed chilli flakes
1 tsp chilli powder
1 tsp paprika
tsp mustard seeds (crushed)
500g of a white chunky fish (e.g. Pollock or coley) chopped into 3 cm pieces or 500g prawns or a combination of both
200ml tinned coconut milk
tsp fennel seeds
1 fresh red chilli finely chopped
Juice of 1 lime
Coriander to decorate
1. Place chopped lemon grass in saucepan with 200ml of water. Bring to the boil and simmer for 15 minutes.
2. Sieve out the lemon grass retaining lemon grass infused water. Soak the sun dried pineapple in this water.
3. Fry the finely chopped onion in the oil with bay leaves.
4. Add the chilli flakes, chilli powder, paprika, mustard seeds, turmeric, salt, soaked pineapple, fish and/ prawns. Cook for 5 mins.
5. Pour in the coconut milk. Sprinkle with the fennel seeds and simmer for 5 mins.
5. Before serving, add lime juice to taste, garnish with finely chopped red chilli and coriander. Serve with rice.